To present the options for a field as a drop-down menu in the form, you can use Value Map widget in QGIS.
To set up a value map widget:
- Download and open this example project in QGIS
- From the layer panel, right-click on survey layer and select Properties
- In the new window, select Attributes form
- Select habitat field under the right column (Available Widgets)
- Under the Widget Display:
- Under General, for Alias type Habitat type:
- Under Widget Type section:
- From the drop-down menu, select Value Map
- For Value and Description part type the following values: In-door, Woodland, Farmland, Grassland, Marine, Peatland and Other.
Ensure to save and synchronise your project.
To use the drop-down widget in the form from Input:
- Open Input on your device and from Projects > Explore download documentation\form_setup
- Open the project
- Select Record and add a point
- The form will appear
- Under Data tab, you can select the Habitat type: from the drop-down menu: