Checkbox field becomes handy when you want to set up a Yes/No, True/Falss or On/Off in your field. Some file formats, such as Geopackage support Boolean data type. If you have a field set as Boolean, QGIS automatically assigns the checkbox for widget type.
To set up a checkbox widget:
- Download and open this example project in QGIS
- From the layer panel, right-click on survey layer and select Properties
- In the new window, select Attributes form
- Select survey field under the right column (Available Widgets)
- Under the Widget Display:
- Under General, for Alias type Does it need surveying?
- Under Widget Type section, from the drop-down menu, select Checkbox
Ensure to save and synchronise your project.
To use the date/time widget in the form from Input:
- Open Input on your device and from Projects > Explore download documentation\form_setup
- Open the project
- Select Record and add a point
- The form will appear, you can switch the status of the Does it need surveying? field to true or false using the checkbox